Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bloody Immigrants!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by SOD, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Here's another one!

Hi everybody. Been living over here for nearly a year (from the UK) and having a ball so far.

Currently ride a K6 Gixxer Thou, previously owned a few blades, gixxers and a zx6r. I've been really lucky and met quite a few guys on the road who I go riding with at weekends, usual routes in the north or west.

Outsides of riding motorbikes and work, I don't really do anything or know anyone, so hopefully this forum can help nurse me through the Aussie winter. Roll on springtime!!

Cheers :grin:

2. Welcome to the forum and the country mate, sounds like you have a nice bike.

ps. isnt an aussie winter just like a UK summer? You'll get through it just fine :wink:

3. Welcome Aboard mate !!!!
    :beer:
    :LOL: :LOL:

4. Neddy Seagoon: "This is a typical English Summer"

Bluebottle: "Yes, the rain is lovely and warm!"

Welcome to our wide brown land, and to Netrider :)

5. Cheers guys.

Yep, well so far the winter is pretty sweet. Year-round riding is one of the things that lured me over here.

Also that "Where-the-bloody-hell-are-you" girl on the TV, but I've not been able to track her down yet. I'm starting to suspect that was just a ploy by the Aussie tourist board. :(

6. Mate if you are after her, then oyu need to get behind Brendan Fevola and her FIancee, Michael Clark. Yes, the future Aussie Cricket Captain.

7. Has Fev had her too?

8. Are you telling me she doesnt go for blue-collar bikers then?

They should have said so on the advert :p

Never mind, plenty more fish in the sea. Hopefully.

9. Yeah, like when I stepped off the plane at San Francisco to discover their coldest-ever-recorded-winter and my UK friends with me said, "Wow, this is nice and warm!" :shock:

Welcome to Netrider! :grin:

10. Eeeeeeeeeeeew you like Bingle Bungle? :?

Blehhh. What a waste of good man flesh (Mr Clarke) now that he's engaged to Miss Bungle :roll: .

But I digress. Welcome to lubbly jubbly Australia! I'm a migrant too! :p

11. Welcome, shame you chose sydney :p

Wait till summer comes then head to bondii or manly, you'll forget whats her name...

Where in the UK mate? I spent 6 months near wood green and 2 years in Newcastle(upon Tyne). Loved it.

12. I'm from Edinburgh, Scotland.

In my defence, I only saw the aforementioned Mz Bingle on the tv advert, and she looked ok on that beach. Mind you, she could've had a face like a bulldog chewing a wasp and I probably wouldn't have noticed it.

Aren't Bondi and Manly full of Brits anyway? I didn't come half way round the world to hang out with that lot!

Thanks again for the welcomes folks.