Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Featured blinker switch suzi gn25o

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Servicing' started by hellfire07, Apr 17, 2015.

1. I tried to clean the contacts in the blinker switch on the GN250. I now have to replace the entire unit. Yep, one of those stories. So I have two big questions: How do I wire in a new blinker / horn / light unit and what is the easiest way to get the headlight nut out of the headlight? Yep, one of those stories again. Thanks in advance, any help would be appreciated.

2. Hi Hellfire,
    I'd start with getting a copy of the circuit diagram for your bike and the original switch so you can see / confirm where all the connections go and how it works.
    IE ground switching
    Then you just need to chase some new switches on line or at wreckers and plug or wire them in if needed.

For the headlight, sorry I don't get your meaning.
    Do you just remove the light and turn it over so that the nut falls out ?
  3. Finally got back to the project gn250. Sorted the horn, lights and blinkers. I enjoyed myself, which is unusual because I really hate auto electrics, but this time it worked as it was supposed to work. Anyway it was nice to spin some spanners on the old girl.
    • Like Like x 1