Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bling for my bike.

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Scumbag, Nov 9, 2005.

1. I have just fitted a set of Braking wave disks to the ST2.
    First impressions are braking power is up, which can be attributed to the new pads as well. Still have very good modulation, which the original Brembo's are famous for.
    I will be able to tell you more once I get back from the Bowral trip Mrs Scumbag and I are doing this next 6 days or so. :D :D :D :D
    Here is a link to a photo of them.

new disks
  2. I saw them on somebody else's bike and impressed by them. From the sounds of it, it performs a lot better too than the normal sets. Looks good :)
  3. Is that a bit of coffee on your mudguard?

4. Nah I do not think so Loz, you have not been near it for a few weeks now
  5. But... but.... It was Babyface Glipschitz!
  6. Hmmm, chicken strips....

:p :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  7. Man they are funky numbers.... :D
  8. yep and proud of 'em.
    (rear is a different story) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  9. Brian, your rear is always a different story... :wink: :LOL:
  10. So when you gunna put these on to match finish off the effect?
  11. Yuu have gone to the dark side Brian , i sense neons next :shock: :shock: :p
  12. Whats wrong with neons? I think they look cool man! Especially the ones that flash with the bass
  13. plus they make u go faster as do racing stripes and novelty horns
  14. Don't forget spinners man!

They totally add an extra 15Kw at the fly wheel.
  15. An update on the performance of the new disks.
    Fantastic, great power and fabulous modulation. The old Brembos were very good but these things are a step further on. I am very impressed with them.
    The ability to use two finger braking for just about all circumstances (note I am not advocating this just stating what I was doing, I am not a professional rider and anything I say must be taken as such) and still be able to call on more power when needed was a boon on the trip just done. This is with the Duke loaded with panniers and tank bag and gearbag as well.
    More than happy with the purchase I have made and plus they look great.