Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Blind spot avoidance draggin!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by damov, Oct 14, 2005.

1. Has anyone come across the problem of cages thinking you are wanting to drag them when you give it a squirt to get out of there blind spot?

I swear everytime I am on the road I have at least one or 2 losers on each trip thinking I am trying to drag them because I prefer not to put myself in possible harms way and give it a bit, to get where they can see me.

As two wheelers we take these precautions to avoid the "Oh sorry mate I didnt see you" excuse. We all know the majority of drivers dont even bother to check there blind spot and merge without any warning and allot of the time without idication.

So wise up cages we are not all trying to drag we are merly trying to help your dazed sense of driving a little less dangerous for us two wheelers.

2. I find backing off a bit rather than speed up solves the problem. :)

3. Happens to me all the time, even when I'm driving. Funny how some drivers seem to have a weird tendency to sit in the blind spot of another vehicle. Riding down a dual lane stretch near my place the other day I came across a group of cars that had been bunched up by a set of lights and I swear every single one of them was sitting in the blind spot of the vehicle beside them.

4. I find backing off a bit rather than speed up solves the problem.

Thats not so easy on an r6, she tends to get upset!

5. we're not??? :eek:

6. well maybe not like 10% of the time. :)

7. drag? haha there no competition on my rhonda
    i do the same always accelerating instead.. leave them behind you.

meh each to his/her own. i think ridding aggresively makes them think twice about merging.
    the funniest thing was ( i almost got killed) when some dude merged into to me i waved at him and he waved back! isnt that an opposite of road rage!!!) hahhaha. :LOL: :LOL: :D

the thing to bear in mind is that because we move so fast, so gracefully through traffic not many people have the chance to see till the last minute....... :wink:

8. Well i dont have that problem. My bikes so quick before they know it im gone.. :D :D Yeah i know i love my bike, i cant help it. :D :D

9. As an idea...if you've got the power and the gears spare try snicking up a gear first and then rolling on.

10. I remember when I was on my Ls, Ls DAMNIT!!! and still people wanted to drag.

11. But if you were to let every cage pass you like that, you may as well park the bike and walk - you'd get there faster.

Simon

12. How can they think that when they cant even see you? :LOL:
    youre in their blind spot remember!

Are you instead thinking they want to race you when you draw level
    with them & then after a few seconds giving it a squirt? :LOL: :LOL: