Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Blind or what ?!

Discussion in 'Your Near Misses - A Place to Vent' started by VladTepes, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Yesterday I had two very near misses (or more technically "near hits" because they did actually miss, not nearly miss).

Anyway first one a car came flying out of a side street and only just stopped before hitting me right in the side. I wasn't too worried though.

Second one I was in the Right hand lane and car accelerated not-quite-past-me and merged into the lane I was in requiring me to apply braking forces promptly to avoid a situation whereby both os us would occupy the same volume of space. Untidy. Still, I wasn't too worried.

And the reason I was not too worried is that I was driving my **** off big long wheelbase Land Rover Ute. The thing is un-missable in a visual sense, surely? Well no, you have to be looking, in order to see.

So be careful out there, if these freaks miss a giant 4WD then a bike is hardly going to be any better off......
  2. Just goes to show...you can NEVER assume people see you whether your walking/driving/riding.