Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

blind car drivers and suncorp

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by tanyathecheeky, Nov 25, 2006.

1. I was at work today, and my z1000 was parked out of the way next to the shed.
    Guy from workshop comes into see me, somebody's just reversed into it and knocked it over. The guy stayed (didn't get much choice - heaps of people there) so we have all his details.
    He's not insured, so I have to go through mine, and let them chase him :(

But since the bike is only 8 months old I want everything that's damaged replaced, not repaired, as my bike was pretty damm close to perfect this morning.. and now the tank is dented, pipes, bars, bellypan are damaged, all up 18 different items..

I'm with suncorp, I'm looking for feedback about dealings with them and fixing bikes..

2. I don't know how Suncorp operate, but insurance companies in general will request the repairers to repair, not replace. Unless of course the repairer gives them 2 quotes. One to replace and one to repair. If the one to repair is higher then the insurace company will say ok to replacement.

That's what happened with a claim on repairs to the Blade after Cat had an altercation with a car. The claims assessor dropped by the repairers to asses the damage and told them to repair only. So they re-quoted and the assessor quite quickly decided replacing was the wiser choice.

:cool: :LOL: