Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bleeding Brakes Gone Wrong

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by Jimboss, Sep 12, 2006.

1. Hi guys/gals I am just in process of bleeding my front brakes (they have been feeling spongy lately)and have hit a wall.

I followed "Dans MC Repair site" as its my first time, I decided to take the brake caliper off and takes out the brake pistons and give the o-rings and piston cylinders a clean in fresh brake fluid. All went well and put them back together with new brake pads. Obviously when I took the piston out the brake fluid came out - Im doing it by myself and havent got anybody to top up the brake resoivior.

Know when I have come to bleeding the brakes I have placed the new DOT4 fluid in the resiovior pumped the lever to get it into the line- no luck -No pressure on lever.

So I pumped again,
    closed the lever and left it open,
    loosened the the bleeder screw,
    opened the lever,pumped,
    closed the bleeder screw,
    no fluid through bleed line the see through tube

What have I done wrong? How can I get the pressure up in the line? When the next spanner day?

2. success brake fluid coming through - woo hoooo