Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC Blatant discrimination by Vicroads!!1!

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by Viker, Mar 30, 2012.

  1. They only sell L-plates in pairs.

    What am I supposed to do with the other one? Buy a second bike!?!

    Related: L-plate (single) free to good home.
  2. Carry the spare with you, they have a tendency to break anyway, good to have a spare handy....
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Hey Viker,

    Put it under the seat with 2 cable ties; you will need it at some stage for some reason they seem to come of the back of bikes and it is always handy to have the spare on board if the nice policeman asks you where it is - You then have the -

    "It must have come off luckily I have a spare and some cable ties to attach it with just here officer."

    Cheers Jeremy
  4. Ahh you guys are no fun :(


    I mean… Thanks, that's good advice. Cheers (y)
  5. Didn't you get the mail out from vicroads?

    As of 1st feb, all learners need to have 1 x L plate affixed to the vehicle & one to the back of their helmet.
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Sell? What the?
    • Like Like x 1
  7. My letter says that starts April 1.....?????
    • Like Like x 1
  8. I might have my dates wrong, I haven't rebooted my flux capacitor for a while...
  9. Yip, from 1 April you need one on the back and the front.
  10. Wait until you see the [strike]crash tax[/strike] levy
  11. I'll sell them to you half price.
  12. Sell?
    In NSW they are free at the RTA.