Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

N/A | National Blast crew

Discussion in 'Employment' started by Slow Coach, Mar 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi guys,

    I am looking at a career change, been teaching highschool for 14 years. I am looking at entry level jobs into the mines.

    Blast crew offsider to then work up to shot firer and then supervisor and maybe even go on to be a mine engineer.

    Any advice, contacts would be greatly recieved. I live in melbourne but happy for a FIFO job, i can get myself to any major city etc.

    I will have my forklift and heavy rigid non synchro licence. Should I look at any other prior training?
  2. white card & high risk work license
  3. Ok 87crisis will look into rto service providers to get these.
  4. I have looked into doing the same a little while a go. The local tafe should do a safe handling and usage of explosives short course(I think a week). Hr license is a big thing to apparently and being able to get into the job would be the hardest part I think. Good luck, would be fun blowing things up
  5. There's a great face book page called "jobs in mining" or JIM, lists employment opportunities all over Australia. You'll most likely need to relocate to WA or QLD where the work is as everything I've seen posted FIFO is only to state based capital cities or state regional centres, or the jobs only open to state residents. Also most entry level jobs require more tickets than a dunny roll..... Defiantly get your HR licence at least before you start. It's not what you know but who you know that can help get you into mining.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.