Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Black Spur ( a quick squirt)

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' at netrider.net.au started by PNUCKLE, Oct 17, 2006.

1. #1 PNUCKLE, Oct 17, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  2. Oh man. PNUT, get a polarising filter. I'm blinded. . . Or do the next run on an overcast day. :)

Yeah, and tighten up some bolts on that bike will ya, especially the exhaust! Was that speedo deliberately disconnected, 'cos it didn't move. . .

It is a nice run down the Spur though. :grin:

3. Polarising filter? waffor? the lens needs hood.

4. Cool
    Great idea champ - perhaps someone has a video of the Black Spur run that can rival this one...???

The bar has been set

5. Nice one PNUT!

6. i think youll find half the noise was vibration not a ballsed up exhaust
    thats all
    good say to you

7. SORRY :shock: I'm an ammiture trying to learn with out any assistance

8. Looking good Billy Ray!

9. Good job mate! I like your super-sharp turn-in.

This is not an attempt to steal PNUT's thunder, but rather to provide a video of a full run from the roadhouse at the top down to the bottom. PNUT's video starts in the same position as at time 5:18 in the following video. Also keep an eye out for the errant Toyota Tarago at time 5:28. It's a little hard to see with the camera angle given, but the guy starts off wholly on the wrong side of the road.

It's a 101MB download. Best to do a right-click and save it for viewing later. Use Quicktime 7 to view.

Click here for video

Will likely pull the video down again in a few days.

10. I'll strap the cam to my mate Nath's k6 thou and you can see it at warp 9 :shock:

He is fargin fast through there :cool:

11. Thanx Stew :grin:

This vid is only designed so people that haven't been but have heard of the Black Spur to see what it would be like not set land speed records

12. Hmmm, it's not a contest, and there's not a huge difference between the two vids in the bits that overlap anyway. :) Just wanted to show the whole lot (well, the good bits), also for educational purposes.

I tried uploading to YouTube, but the picture kwality makes baby Jesus cry. :cry:

13. 'cos it would look better Vic. I was refering to the flare off the instruments, windshield and road. A polariser would smooth out the bright spots.

Lens hood would be good to. :grin:

No criticism PNUT, just friendly advice.

14. Nice video! I took a look at arthur seat one, and it's quite interesting how the bike can actually pull at what is seems like 500rpm :eek:

I can't say I like the sound of it compared to a 4-inline though :?

15. The power of a twin Javaman :LOL: :LOL:

16. go twin power.....

nice vid pnut.

17. those quick turns are pretty good..shitty youtube and their compression though.

18. Nice vid!

Sumfin up with ur speedo?

19. Feeling good, Louis! ... :p

20. nice vid, i def see the appeal of the black spur!

now to get a camera setup for my old dinosaur to show some of my local roads :)