Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Black number plate with white or silver letters?

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by lui, Jun 2, 2010.

1. White letters

7 vote(s)
  2. Silver letters

6 vote(s)
  3. Candy

2 vote(s)
  1. I'm after some opinions on whether to opt for white or silver letters on a black number plates. I was all set on white letters because my bike is white, but I saw a plate with silver letters that also looks very nice. Now I'm undecided.

2. From myplates.com.au
  3. What's with the candy?

And what's with not being able to make your own decisions!
  4. Dev you are really shitty lately with everyone - you okay?

And I prefer the silver.
  5. Excuse me? o_O
  6. Flip a coin, they look so similar anyway.
  7. Silver.

Your bike won't always be super clean like those photos and hence the white will look more out of place.

You actually get a choice of silver? Well, enjoy.
  8. anything that is not generic is easier to remember.
    do you really want people noticing your plates.
  9. extra 4 horsepower there :D
  10. Good point!

I'm not personalising the content, just a restyle of the generic yellow plate.

There was a short article that talked about - Personalised number plates send strong - and subtle - messages to other drivers.

Here's the link: http://news.drive.com.au/drive/motor-news/driven-by-plate-expectations-20091203-k7ef.html
  11. Only 4?!

Jokes aside, I think we are lucky that we don't have to put up with some gigantic number plates like many European countries require. No front number plate is also another plus. Now only hope that RTA can get rid of the rego labels like WA did. We can only hope.