Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Black Mesa Source (PC Game)- Free Half-Life Remake

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by Wayned, Oct 23, 2012.

1. In the works for ages and now available.

Trailer -

Website - http://release.blackmesasource.com/#/home

Download page - http://www.blackmesasource.com/download.html

2. Saw that a while back, keen for them to do blue shift etc too though!

3. I wish they would do that with the original quake

EDIT: but keep the original music. Or better yet, Trent Reznor could do a whole new soundtrack

4. Looks like it'd be fun - if it didn't require me to install Steam on my computer.

Not keen on having to do a fresh install of windows again like the last time I tried using that particular piece of spyware on my computer.

5. try using wine
    or are you on a mac?
    im surprised they didn't make it cross-platform. usually that's half the point of doing a remake.

6. PC, but running Linux then trying to run an emulator for all the bits of software that I need (and which are only available for windows) just seems like far too much hard work.

I just find it odd that given the original copy of half life I have runs fine without needing to install Steam, this remake can't operate in the same way. I basically stopped buying games when they started requiring an internet connection to play.

7. Tonight's entertainment is now accounted for :)

8. Why would you play this.. when you already have Half-Life?

9. It's better in every way, also free.

Played it a while ago, amazing job for amateurs.

10. damn there is a shit load of files. installation is taking forever.
    I think i will have to hook lappy up to flat screen TV to enjoy this game properly, I'm guessing it's rather hi-res.

11. Looks cool. cheers.

12. Currently playing Dragon Age 2, but once I finish that I'll give it a go. Played through Half-life plenty of times.