Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Black Dog Ride Coming to the ACT April 2012!

Discussion in 'Other States' started by dazzabee, Dec 11, 2011.

1. A lot of you would have heard about the great things happening as riders from all over Australia raise support for the Black Dog Institute in Sydney on the Black Dog Ride to the red centre. Hundreds of riders now spread the word across Australia that depression is an illness and that effective treatments are available.

If you haven't heard about the fantastic times that riders have had traveling to Alice Springs each year, have a look at http://www.blackdogride.com.au when you get a chance. You'll even find a few of DazzaB's videos on the multimedia link.

Many riders aren't aware that the ride's founder, Steve Andrews, also puts on a ride in April for those riders on the west coast. The big news is that starting in 2012 the April Black Dog Ride is going national! That's right, next April there will be Black Dog Rides all over Australia - including the ACT. Woohooo!

Steve is looking for a few people in each area to form organising committees to select a date in April and submit a ride route for participation in the event. I've told him that I'll be happy to put the word out and even be on the committee if needed. If anyone else wants to be involved in getting this going please send me an email and we can all get together for a cuppa soon.