Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Black Dog Ride 2011

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by dazzabee, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Any other Black Dog Riders around here? Looks like the BDR 2011 was quite successful and that about three times as many riders were involved. I think the count so far for support of the Black Dog Institute is about $120,000 raised. Great stuff.

Given I couldn't do a video of the ride I did a short video summary instead if anyone is interested.

2. Having suffered from depression myself and known a few people who have suffered from depression and similar mental health issues, I was disappointed when I first found out about this and that this year's ride had already been and gone, however I plan to go on the ride next year.
  3. took the words outta my mouth there
  4. Yup, I've been bitten by the black dog a few times, myself (hair of the dog doesn't work with this one, dammit). It's a cause I'd be very happy to participate in some day, but suspect a 200cc scooter wouldn't be up to the trip. Thoughts?
  5. As long as it can sit on 110 you should be right
  6. Cheers - if I haven't upgraded by this time next year then, I have no excuse :)
  7. I was trying to make
    My lap meet up with the ride in port Augusta but missed by two days. :(.

Next year. ....
  8. Sorry to hear that. Far to early to tell but I'm thinking of maybe joining another start point next year rather than Sydney. Melbourne might be a good option for me so maybe we can ride to Port Augusta together?

I don't know what, if anything, Steve Andrews is planning for next year. I think the numbers are becoming an issue as Glen Helen Resort can only handle 200 riders and they have found that going to a place a bit out of the way works very well.

We'll just have to wait and see what they come up with. Steve is a pretty clever and dedicated guy so I'm sure whatever happens it will be good.
  9. I was thinking it might be fun to organise a group of postie's to do the ride on. Imagine the sight of a couple dozen or so postie bikes zooming (can they zoom?) up the centre of Australia?
  10. Now that would be both a hoot and a sight to see. Pencil me in.