Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

bit of road rage this morning

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by edgelett, Aug 19, 2008.

1. riding to work
    i'm in the right lane
    in the left lane is some bird on a scooter in a bright pink jacket.
    she's looking over at my lane like she wants in.
    so i slow up in case she decides to move without indicating, to give her room.
    nope, she just keeps looking at my lane - doesn't move over.

so I speed up & overtake her.

come to the next set of lights, i feel this 'bump' at the rear of my bike.
    i turn around, and lo & behold, it's miss scooter who's just run in to my rear tyre.

i shoot her a glare, she says 'sorry!' from under her lid
    now i'm not pleasant in the morning. i'm LESS pleasant when people ride in to me.
    my response was 'you get within 2 metres of my bike again, and you'll be a lot more than sorry'

she went from laughing & smiling to looking like i'd just told her i was going to eat her children.

seriously, why oh why do they continue to let people ride those things without any kind of training at all!! learning to use brakes would be a good start!!!!!
  2. edgelett, maybe this is the new way of picking up when riding a scooter? maybe she was checking you out before and thought you were hot, hence the looks earlier?
  3. ...and then she tried hitting on you ??
  4. I can see how that would have been frustrating, but might a polite 'Listen, you need to learn to ride better for your own protection' have been more productive in the longer term? As it is it just gets put down to you being a big meanie, which means she learns nothing except to avoid you.
  5. since i'm a girl, i fricking hope not.
  6. Bravus- yes it probably would have been more productive.

but like i said - i'm grumpy first thing in the morning.

if it had happened in the afternoon i probably would have been a lot calmer.
  7. There's only one way to settle this: pillow fight in your undies.
  8. Ahh Loz, where would this forum be without these golden one liners . . .
    And by tthe way , LOLOL
  9. i'd go balistic,

but on the other hand i can give her weekend tutoring :twisted: :wink:
  10. if either of you are hot....i forgive both of you....
  11. Okay - lets change 'rear tyre' with 'small child'

the story would change...

I think you should have been p!ssed off!! hopefully your reaction will make her pay more attention to the road.

Was she on her L's ? if so - good luck passing the breaking element on the licence test!
  12. there is no requirement to obtain a motorcycle licence to drive a 50cc scooter in South Australia.

all you need is a valid car licence.

hence, morons like this bird this morning.
  13. You should have bashed her, Edgie. Blokes love watching Chick fights. Brightens up that morning commute, and gives you something to talk about at work.
    Does wonders for your "Rock Chick" street cred too.
  14. I run up the arse of people I know. Even on bikes sometimes.
  15. oh my dad used to do it all the time at lights to me as a joke.
    the bastard
    but at least i know him & trust he's not going to damage anything....

oh loz i do have a pillow fight story for you but i'll tell you that later.
  16. You ride to work grumpy...maybe SHE rides to work, asleep. (like me) :p

17. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
  18. Exactly my reaction :shock:
  19. [​IMG]

oh you naughty girls!!!

20. [​IMG]