Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Your Near Misses - A Place to Vent' started by Pobblebonk, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Okay so I took my little 150cc on a group ride today.

We did okay. For a 150cc and a new rider.

However, a BIRD flew into me. Scared the shit out of me.

I'm sure the cars thought it was funny. :nopity:
  2. lol classic footage
  3. did you call the cops ?
    that bird needs to be detained before it attacks another rider.
    how many more of us need to get hurt by that bird before they do something about it ???
  4. It was detained ... in an oven.
  5. Someone else got hit by a cockatoo and got it on cam...you can hear a decent whack too.. poor birds!
  6. I think I'm up to 3 birds, a plaster board*, almost a bucket* and almost a fox.

First bird scared the shit out of me too.

*Never ride behind a tradey ute or truck.
  7. No birds yet (thank goodness) but on a ride to Kangaroo Valley last year, we were pelted by hordes of large kamikaze moths :p

In the 50's, a man died whilst riding a horse but how he died was a mystery for a little while... until they found a dead magpie with his beak broken off near the man. Seemed that the magpie dive bombed the hapless rider and managed to stab him in the heart!

Here's a owl that didn't fair very well:
  8. PMSL @ the video.
  9. For me I've had a bottle of water roll pretty much right into my path as I was turn along Captain Cook bridge & last weekend I did the swerve I was practicing at the L's session at Homebush on account of a NRL football, either Knights or Roosters I think it was sitting on the right hand track.
  10. Hit a bird (crow or magpie, not sure) while on the freeway. Was at an interchange going under a bridge (for Victorians...Ring Rd onto Princess Hwy interchange Geelong bound) and it flew out from behind the bridge, I saw it and moved my head out of the way but clipped it's wing. Scared the hell out of me, got some feathers stuck on the helmet which was rather funny.
  11. I had a cyclist snick a glass beer bottle in the gutter the other day on Cleveland St, Surry Hills. Spun right out in front of me, only thing i could do was make sure the bike was stable and powered over it. Shattered glass went everywhere; ended up with a cut on my arm and hand (i was squidding). I was pretty farking lucky though, i was riding home after picking up a new helmet and had the visor down. Normally i keep it open.

I would have lost an eye.