Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

News Bimota Tesi 3D RC is a Cafe Racer from an Alternate Reality

Discussion in 'Motorcycling News' at netrider.net.au started by NetriderBot, Nov 19, 2015.

1. And now for something completely different – a cafe racer with centre hub-steering. That’s what the Bimota Tesi 3D RC is, although the term cafe racer has to be used rather loosely when using technology such as this. The unique chassis that Bimota has used in previous (and rather exclusive) machines uses two swingarms, one in the front and one in the rear, in composite structure.

It might look unusual but it provides many benefits, most notably the ability to adjust the bike to riders in very specific ways. The front end can be adjusted through a range of 9.5mm and the rear end has a range of 14mm. Through this new system, the Tesi 3D RC can be raised or lowered by 23mm if both adjustments are made in the same direction.

Inside is a Ducati 803cc engine which we’re assuming is sleeved down version of what’s in the Monster 821. Wheelbase is a relatively short 1,390mm and dry weight is 162 kilograms. Big twin discs 320 mm Brembo 4 pistons calipers sit at the front, alongside a single 220 mm disc at the back.

As for the price, we’d hate to imagine. But if you can afford it, you’ll no doubt have the most unique looking motorcycle in the neighborhood.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Continue reading...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Aye, the last Bike Show I went to, I saw the previous centre hub steering Bimota.

It looked incredible, a mechanical work of art.

Anyhow, wife sez...... why don't you ask how much it is?

But I knew, if I had to ask, I certainly couldn't afford it.

• Like Like x 2
  3. about the price of a decent car? :D

4. About 60k I think. About a quarter of the price of the Honda RC213V

5. AS weird as it looks, I actually kinda like it.
    A couple more old fashion touches and it'd be schmick.

• Agree Agree x 1