Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bikesales Statistics

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by discostu_001, Mar 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi guys, just recently put my bike on Bikesales.com.au and I was searching for statistics/bike views on my listing...

It turns out that they 'haven't implemented any analytics' to their site (so they told me).. I've sold cars on carsales.com.au and have had no problem checking out the stats....

Surely a website/service that allows you to advertise an item online would provide stats?

I get the feeling that they do have the functionality, but don't publish the stats because they do not get enough traffic...

2. The only 'results' I got from Bikesales were scammers SMS'ing me at 2am every night.
  3. I've sold a couple of bike via bikesales, it will work if your bike is slightly cheaper than other similar bikes in your area. If your at the high end of the price range then you will probably have a long wait.
  4. i've found trading post gets better results, cheaper, allowed larger photos uploaded for less moola.
    yeah bike sales, got a lot of captains on oil rigs.
    one site uses red book values, other was glass's guide i think or something. anyway big difference in bike values. can't remember which site was which.
    but trading post got me the best results and quick sale. then again, i was trying for a quick sale. you have to browse to see who else is selling your make/model or similar, for how much, and be competitive.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.