Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

BikeSales.com.au am I doing it wrong?

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by tmwt, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Is there anyway to view results that are a big closer to me? I live in Far North Queensland and I can only seem to search for the whole of Queensland. Its a big state, with a large number of bikes that are in Brissie that are useless to me. Takes ages to wade through everything!

2. Thanks but doesn't seem to work. Only brings up result where they mention the location in the description, rather than the contact details.
  3. Why narrow the search and possibly miss something ? Sometimes worth looking a bit wider to find the gems. With private sellers it will tell where they are when you click on their contact wont it ?
  4. I happy to have a wide search but QLD is a massive state, so I would prefer the bike be within a couple of hours of me, rather than a couple of days.

My current searches are giving me hundreds of results and so far I have only stumble across one within cooee of my place.

Mcsenna, you along with the other southern capitals are closer to Brisbane as I am!
  5. Gumtree has a good system to narrow search area down

6. Gumtree has a lot of dodgy scammers also.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Yep, Gumtree has been great.

Everywhere has scammers. Hence why I prefer to buy local so I can see and ride bike first.
  8. Yes I know, Ive driven from Cairns to Adelaide several times, it's a big country.
    Probably the only thing you can do, apart from the local media, is use all the filters to narrow the search, that's assuming you know what you're looking for. Otherwise bad luck, you live in paradise, there's a price to pay.
  9. +1 for Gumtree. My bike sold in days.