Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bikes for Shorties!

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Trisha14, Dec 16, 2005.

1. Hi all

It probably won't be a while until I can afford to upgrade my current bike... but I wanted to get a bit of a head start. I'm just wondering if there are any sporty bikes out there for those that are vertically challenged. I'm roughly 5'4 and fit just nicely on my ZZR-250!!!

Thoughts peoples??

Trisha!! :D

2. Could try a ZZR-600, they've got a fairly low seat height.
  3. bugga thats what i was going to suggest! also try searching the forum, think theres a couple of topics on this :)
  4. Sorry, that was a begineer's list.

Monster 620 is friendly for those vertically challenged.
  5. i believe gayle rides a triumph daytonna 600 (i think) and she is a short asre too!!! :LOL: :p

geez am i going to be in trouble if she reads that
  6. 82cm to be exact, probably a tad too high for 5'4" ?
  7. Take a look at a Guzzi Breva. They're seat height is only 79cm and ideal for oompa loompa's :LOL: :LOL: Drop a PM to Kyzmos as she'll be able to tell you everything about the Breva (if she's not busy bashing me senseless for the Chocolate Factory reference) :)
  8. Don't know where you get that figure from, according to Kawasaki the seat height's only 780mm.
  9. I stand corrected :D
  10. Oh and the Hyosung GT650R also has a low (780mm) seat height so that might also be suitable.
  11. anyway this shouldn't be a issue for chicks, as i thought stand riding gear for women, were tight tops, short minishirts, and high heels, with no helmet to show of the long hair :LOL:
  12. Yep this has been discused heaps and the zzr 600 kwaka is the shortest seat height bike around well that has any get up and go for a really good price $10,000 brand new. If you are 5' 4" well you got four inches on mizz zzr who is 5 foot even. and had her seat cut down ans sus lowered
  13. I'm only 5'6", but I have the weight of a six footer, the ZZR600 has good height for the vertically challenged and the added advantage of being a similar (although a lot faster) ride to your baby"Z"
  14. I'm 5'3" and ride an R6. Seat height is 83cm. With both feet on the ground I'm on the balls of my feet. When only one foot down, its almost flat but the bikes on an angle, its not too bad. You get used to it. Also had the suspension put to its lowest setting too. The only problem I have is trying to turn it around in places with a slight slant. I feel like I'm folded into a little ball when I ride my brothers ZXR 250!
  15. Vfr400, the choice of my partner of 5' 2" (ducks dissease) Still had to lower the froks through the tripple trees, and lower and soften the suspension on the rear. No foam to cut out of the seat though. Goes like the clappers, just don't drop it though. Careful about the rake angles when lowering your chosen stallion.
  16. Bikes for short people

Hi guys!

I know this has been brought up many times, but i was wondering if anyone could help me out here.

I got a friend, she's about 150cm in height and wants to ride a sports bike...which bikes could she possibly ride with a few modifications to cater for her height?

I read up about a few a couple of days ago, but i didn't save that info.

Thanks guys!
  17. Re: Bikes for short people

as taken from another post ....perhaps this would be suitable for her ??