Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bike's fallen over - sh!t

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by Garido, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Was doing some maintenance on my bike on Sunday. After finishing I pushed it back in its spot. When I wanted to fit my Titanium Lock through the front wheel, the valve was in the way. So I grabbed it by the front handle and pulled it forward a bit, not noticing that the side stand was being pushed back at the same time. As I wanted to let it go, it was going further than anticipated. Before I could act it was past the point of no return. Managed to 'gently' let it go to ground and got my sons to help me lift if up again. On first inspection, no real damage, until I noticed the scratch on the bottom. Sh!t.

Was thinking of sanding it down slightly (feels a little rough to touch), than applying paint to it. Any remarks?

2. Dont stress out its an easy thing to happen,if its the only damage your pretty lucky,probably better to replace the cover itself sanding it down and all that will make it look cheap n nasty cheers.

3.  Top
    • Like Like x 1
  4. 60 degrees do a cover repair service.

give em a call.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks guys. Will give 60 degrees a call first to see how much they charge and will check out prices for new covers as well.

6. Mine does that when it's pissed too.
    Checkout a few internet sites. You will get a carbon cover for oem alloy prices.
    Think http://www.morepoweracing.com/ is a decent one.