Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bikes and K's

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by teammckay, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Arvo,

long time reader, lost my other account details :)

I'm looking at a 1098 couple years old. Does anyone have any insight into how many K's would be reasonable on a 2K8 model? How many would be too many?

I'd be putting roughly 7.5 - 9k per year on it.

2. For something built in 2008 by a major manufacturer I don't think you'll need to worry about km's.

Engines are built much better these days and should last longer under more (ab)use. As long as theres no signs of a drop, everything is working and it tracks nice and straight.. you're sweet (y)

Unless it was used as a postie/courier bike and racked up over 100,000kms :p though I kinda doubt that
  3. 1098 2 years old...4months a year in the shop...December through February latte trips... 10kms a piece...Approximately 30 rides...so 300Kms? 8-[

Just check that the major services have been done.
  4. Haha James :)

Sounds like the advice I wanted to hear!

5. Wouldnt you just look on bikesales or trading post to see what the average is?
  6. RedBook base their valuations on 8500 - 10500 Kms a year and I would agree with the guys...make sure its got a service history.
  7. Who buys a Ducati and doesn't keep their log books?