Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

bikers get some good media

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by ezer, Feb 28, 2008.

1. finally some media about some bikies doing good. :)

Machete wielding masked bandits picked the wrong club to rob yesterday - 50 bikie club members were meeting there.

Police said the robbers raided the Regents Park Sporting Club about 8.50pm yesterday, ordering people at the bar to lie on the floor.

But the robbers failed to notice 50 members of the Southern Cross Cruiser Club enjoying a drink in the nearby auditorium.

"Fifty of us jumped out of our seats and raced out to the main bar," said club president Jerry "Jester" van Cornewal.
  2. :rofl: Now that is poetic justice!
  3. I laughed my head off!
  4. That's one of the better laughs i've had recently. Cheers :LOL:
  5. A newspaper article I read this morning said the second person who managed to get away stripped and hid in the bushes naked.

I wonder if he thought that a man in the bushes naked would not be treated as suspicious.

Good on the bikies on apprehending this jerks. May the full weight of the justice system be used on them.

I am afraid, especially since one is a juvinelle that it will probably be just a slap on the wrist.
  6. yeah, the naked guy, wtf lol :LOL:
  7. Note to self: Before robbing business, check for bikie congregation.
  8. maybe next time a bunch of bikers want to eat or drink at any pub bar or cafe the scared little owner will relise sometimes its good to have scruffy looking motor bike riders in black leathers in their bars and pubs and cafes
  9. Bizarre- The new police presence...
  10. You think there would have been at least a few bikes out the front Hmmm! makes you think doesn't it. ](*,)
  11. And they were only a bunch of cruiser riders... :roll:
  12. Sucked in!! :LOL:

Yeah, I agree Gods Country, where were the 50 bikes hidden??
  13. Good story that.

Years ago, I was (marginally) involved in running a rally in the UK. Unfortunately, on the Friday, the local council had decided to spread loose gravel over several miles of road leading to the rally site. As a result there were several offs involving riders heading for the event. Nothing really serious, but there were a few broken wrists, cracked ribs and bent fingers that required a trip to A & E.

Now A & E on a Friday night in Bristol is generally a bad place to be. Wall to wall pissed bogans, continuing the fights that resulted in their injuries, abusing the staff and generally being a pain in the arse.

However, on this occasion, with a steady trickle of damaged bikers, along with their undamaged mates and lifts, turning up, to create a mini-rally in the waiting area, it was wonderful to see how polite the hoi-polloi were being.

A number of the nurses commented most favourably on the situation and reckoned it was the most enjoyable and stress free Friday night they'd had in years.