Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bikers Gear Australia

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by jack_1313, Jun 21, 2010.

1. I’ve just got my first bike – a 1983 model Honda CB 250 RS - and need to gear up. I’m thinking about taking a day trip to Phillip Island to go to the Biker’s Gear Australia shop front (I’m worried about sizing) and buy everything except for a helmet. However, I’m pretty concerned about the quality simply because the gear is so cheap. For instance, this is the jacket I would like to get:

[​IMG]

At $99, it’s around one third of the cost of most other motorcycle jackets. I don’t want to pay money for something to look cool, but I’m concerned about the gear’s ability to protect me when I’m sliding down the road at 60km per hour, especially since there is no mandatory testing of motorcycle gear in Australia.

Does anyone own gear from this manufacturer and can comment on its quality? (For example, are the seams strong and double stitched?) Has anyone had a spill while wearing it?
    If not a quality issue, anyone know how this manufacturer can offer gear this cheap?

Thanks,
    Jack