Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Biker Pro or Drift Ghost?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by wby 1, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Im seriously considering getting a camera for my bike. For the safety/insurance element of it. The dash cam in my car came in handy 2 months after buying it when another car deliberately reversed into me and drove off in a road rage incident. Without the footage it wouldve been my word vs the other guys. So being more vulnerable on a motorbike, i think a camera is possibly a smart option.

Im deciding out of these 2:

Biker Pro x 2 Front And Rear Kit attached under headlight fairing at front and underside of topbox base at rear. Reasonably discreet, front and rear facing, easily removable if I park in public.

OR a Drift Ghost S attached to my helmet. Faces whichever direction I look (e.g to side to side), goes wherever I go.

Can any experienced riders suggest practical pros and cons of each? Obviously one faces back as well and the other faces wherever I look, but there may be real life benefits of one over the other that I haven't thought about being a new rider.
  2. I prefer the helmet mounted cameras. Better footage of what you are looking at.
  3. Have a read through the forum I have moved your post to, you might find some stuff that's topical.