Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bikebiz at Parramatta>>> Not impressed!

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by Paulie, Apr 16, 2005.

1. Hey all,

I'm pretty new here and have been asking a lot of questions about bikes cause I'm doing my pre learner course in 8 days, anyways, today me and a mate and his girl went to look at bikes, at Parramatta (sydney). We went to bikebiz where they have 3 bikes that I wa sort of interested in, these being an Nsr150, Aprillia rs125, and a red Cb250RR, we stood near the three bikes that I was interested in for like 10 minutes and none of the dealers could be stuffed coming to talk to us, they were too busy smoking and mucking around with a pocket bike! I just wanted to ask them a few questions about tje 3 bikes and maybe have a sit on the Cb250RR to see if it was too heavy (i'm only a little tucker). So yeah, just a bit of a whinge. I went there a while ago and the guy was really nice and helpful (i think his name was Steven or something, he wasnt there today). I am most upset about this incident cause I rushed there after work to be there before they closed just to be ignored. I know people will say that i should have gone up to them but really...

I think I'll get a CB250RR or the kawasaki zx2 or whatever its called.. (But not from bikebiz)
  2. mate if u dont deserve their attention they dont deserve your dollars. i work in retail, and i always greet all customers at the door. i too would expect service at a store like that. u get sick of tire kickers but u still dont ignore them. and could you imagine their after sale service?? mate dont bother.
  3. Sales is a job, which means sales staff actually have to work to get paid. take your business elsewhere, if they can't be bothered why should you?
  4. Hint for next time. Go up to a salesman straight away and ask for service....Some are really slack and need the prompting. Saves a wasted trip and waiting around.
  5. You should have just sat on it, that would have probably get their attention. I hate going to any shops that doesn't give any attention to their potential customers. And welcome to the forums.
  6. I reckon your better off approaching them anyway. Be firm and tell em exactly what your after and how much you want it for. If youve reserached things well most of the time youll know what you need to already and half the time you probably know more than them anyway. Best off to straight away get the upperhand before they start spinnin their shit.

As for just lookin around just tell em you wanna have a sit on some bikes and do it. Or just sit on em anyway and start playin with things, that oughta get their attention :)
  7. yeah, I probably won't buy the bike from a dealer anyways, cheaper to go private and I'll get someone to check it out for me first, just wanted an idea of the feel of them (the bikes)

8. I'm all for the Sit First ask questions later. If they don't come up to you and offer advice when you go into the store then just assume that must mean it's a self service shop. Start sitting on the bikes, trying on the helmets, playing with all the switches and stuff on the bike......It's guaranteed to get there attention everytime. If they tell you to hop of the bike and complain then just say "Sorry you didn't ask me if i needed help so i thought i'd just help myself as i am alittle short on time".

Josh :D
  9. damn. how did you find out! :)
    yes its true i am annoying and i will try to rip u off.(but at least i do it with a smile) :D

but quick tip paulie i just bought a bike the other day on consignment, used the netrider used bike buying guide, but i didnt get a mechanic to check it out before i bought it.

which is going to cost me $100 for a new clutch. :?
    so i hope u can learn from my mistake :oops:
  10. Have to agree with N1GH7-R1D3R, on that one. Works well in stores like Harvey Norman as well. Pick up a DVD Recorder, and a sales assistant will come running.
    List of motorcycles
  11. Unfortunately I had the same experience at 2 of the 3 bike shops I visited when buying bike and gear...what is it with some people...I though I would give one a second chance only to be ignored again...what a joke

by the way pragnasty...Nice bike mate I have one myself and love it to death!
  12. Had the same trouble with Clipstone Yamaha in Ringwood. Went into their shop three times and all three times was ignored completely. Had cash in pocket to buy a bike and they lost out on a sale big time bacause they couldn't be bother to shift their arses to serve me. Sales guys were too busy sucking up to the tyre kickers of big bikes and didn't get a sale where I was guaranteed of making a purchase. Sales guys were also too busy big noting themselves, getting on the latest bikes, starting them up, revving the crap out of them and moving them ten metres inside the showroom for no purpose at all. Cracked me up when Yamaha awarded them one of their top ten dealer franchises. Thought about sending an email to Yamaha and asking them if they'd ever walked in there trying to get service.
  13. Fair tactic, but the 'sit first' is fraught with some risk unless you are familiar with how to sit on bikes.

At Ray Quincy I was ignored for about ten minutes or so even when I tried getting the salesmans attention. I was on a fact finding mission for a mate checking out a CBR600 they had for sale. When no help was forthcoming I knelt down and started checking the underbody of the bike. Within seconds a salesman was standing next to me. He began the spiel about 'bike was brought in yesterday by this old guy who was like over 50' Yeah right, the hero knobs were worn to the pegs and the rear tyre had no chicken strips. Whoever this old guy was, he knew how to ride.

That was what really got me out the door never to return. They werent prepared to offer any assistance. That is, until I was about to spot that the 'pristine condition' bike (with suitably high price tag) had been thrashed.
  14. Bought a bike from those *ahem* people once, never again. When people bag PS they must be doing so on the basis of not knowing how a really shit store opperates.

Just saying words out loud, no particular reference should be inferred: Cheats, overpriced, buys the bike from the wholesaler noone else will touch and tarts them up (whoops, thats just a coincidence that those words formed a sentence), Arrogant, pricks, elastic, attiude, to , the, truth.

Naming no names, several, or should I say ALL reputable salemen I've dealt with shake their heads and shrug at the mention of this particular retailer.
  15. Exactly Deyago,

Not to endorse or disendorse any particular vendor but Caveat Emptor.
    Pays not to trust a store that provides a roadworthy with a bike - if the store also issues roadworthies.

:evil: :evil: :evil:
  16. Hmmmm....

We all like to window shop, and no-one likes bad service. I won't put up with being ignored in a dealership, even if I'm just picking up some brake pads. Take your money elsewhere......

But keep this in mind. If you waste a salesman's time, piss in his pocket, and talk the sh1t about a bike you've got no intention of buying, then it's YOU who is wasting the salesmans time, especially if the shop's busy, IE a Saturday morning. I enjoy going around to dealers & checking out bikes, but I always let them know in the first few minutes that I won't be buying today, and am in no rush. I also encourage them to serve others who walk in, rather than talk crap with me. Becuase bike salesmen work on commission & time is money. Cultivate a good relationship with your preffered dealer, and the benefits will flow on in the form of reduced prices & good service. Treat them like idiots & waste their time, and you'll get short shrift every time you walk in......

Just my 10 cents, no offence intended.
  17. But let's be realistic, just how much money did you have in your pocket.

For example, let us be the salesman for a moment, he has two potential buyers in the store, a seasoned rider checking out an expensive big bike and he looks fair dinkum, and a newbie who is checking out the cheaper 2nd hand 250's at the back of the store, who are you going to stick to like glue? :?:
  18. The newbe looking at a 250... why?? they make their money three times on a newbe... they bought the 250 as a trade in and made money there than they jack up the price and make money there, to sweeten the deal they will sell some gear too...
  19. I would also be carefull buyng a new bike... The predelivery inspection/service involves a bit more than puting fresh oil into the engine...
  20. Who gets served first?

As a salesman (not in the bike trade) I say that every potential customer needs to be treated as if he as a million dollars in his pocket, even if he doesn't look like he does. A satsified customer will tell perhaps one or two people about his good experience. A cranky non-customer, as evidenced here, will shout his dissatisfaction from the rooftops.
    In any buying scenario, I give the sales staff 2 minutes to acknowledge my presence, and/or ask me if I need some help, and if it's not forthcoming, I leave. There are plenty of places selling the same products, and too many lazy, indifferent boof-heads giving good salesmen and their products a bad name.