Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

bike won't start

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by nathan2145, Sep 13, 2009.

1. preety confused about this...

bike needed a battery, been a bit lazy and just push started it with no problem, but yesterday tried the same thing and just wouldn't start up. bought a battery, and now that won't even work normal where pressing the ignition it sounds like a blank noise coming from the starter. im thinking it sounds like its jammed or something, but even when i tried to push start it again, now it just won't engage and going down a hill ill just keep rolling and i defidently know it was in 3rd gear unless im thinkin it slipped? reckon the starters had it?

gunna get someone to look at it this week, but if i can fix it sooner would be awesome, desperate for a ride.
  2. Did you put the new battery on the charger?
  3. yea the battery is connected up right cause when i hit the ignition it makes like a clunk sound, and on my menu screen it shows the battery volts used, which shows it going down.

but its just confusing why it won't push start, i tried again being a bit impatient, goin at a reasonable speed and let out the clutch and the bike just keeps moving. when i stop the bike again running out of space and move it back and forth a bit it won't let me cause its still in gear. defidently just have to get someone to look over it who knows more about bikes then me.
  4. It's broken. You need to fix it.