Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bike Trouble

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by jtw008, May 3, 2007.

1. Hey everyone. I was riding last night along tourist rd through kangaloon towards the macquarie pass. The bike starts to sound and feel a little funny. It usually has a high note, given the aftermarket exhaust (98 model Across), but it sounded like there was a low note behind it, sort of bubbling. The bike, slowly getting worse and worse, starts to lose power, to the point where i decided to turn around and head back, and going uphill, not too steep, i had the bike knocked back to third gear, and it was still losing speed. It stalled when i pulled over with the clutch fully in. I took it to a friends house nearby, and we loaded it up onto his ute to bring it home. Luckily for me I talked the dealer into a months warranty on the bike. It's with him now, just posting out of curiosity, if anyone knows what might be wrong, and for moral support while my babies in the shop :cry:

2. could have dropped a throttle slide holder but i think it would have needed to drop more than one for it to stall. Even if it hasnt it would be a good idea to replace these anyway as they are only 20 bucks for a set of 4 and takes 30mins to replace, will make the bike run a lot better too, i was told to replace these every 5-10k as they are a high wear item.
  3. Sounds like you ran out of fuel. :wink:
  4. I agree. The things you mentioned is exactly what happens when you run out of fuel. Which is usually time to turn on reserve if you didn't already do so.
  5. :shock: You were riding along Tourist Road at night on an Across???

Easy, then, the bike shut down in self-defence :LOL:.
  6. For anyone that knows the region, i fuelled up at irelands in mittagong, before riding up range road to kangaloon, then along tourist road, towards the macquarie pass. Spoke to the dealer tonight, apparently one of the carbie sliders was broken, so the fuel wasn't getting through..10 points to everyone, with a bonus to grim32. Thanks for your replies, and i get to pick the bike up tomorrow :grin: . Has been a painful day without her.