Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bike Transport

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by DrSlug, Apr 2, 2007.

1. Any one recommend any decent joints that will ship my bike from Melbourne to Darwin cheapily?

2. The short answer will be NO to the cost.

Most Darwin transport starts out in SA so you would be looking at a couple of hops at least.

Good luck.
  3. i remember i had a quote once before for about 1100 bucks but cannot remember the name of the company.
  4. you could try a furniture removalist backload would be cheaper
  5. Try Bikes Only, not sure if they do a run to Darwin, but they may be able to recommend someone. Just transported my bike from Cairns to Melb and they did a great job. It was cheaper than hiring a bike trailer and towing it myself.
  6. Contact Fergussons, Im sure paul will do you a good Deal, Tell Him that Blair Put you onto him.

Fergussons Bike Transport, Paul 0400 707 830
  7. yep +1 for Fergussons' once shipped a bike to SA for me. Didn't even laugh at the bubble wrap all around it! Cost, well I still have both arms & legs!