Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bike transport

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by black636, Nov 28, 2006.

1. I'm going to be in Perth for about 2 weeks over Christmas and was thinking I'd like to have my bike over there with me, but not sure of the costs.

What is the cheapest - but also safest - way of getting it there and back?
  2. if your only going for a few weeks, then it's not really worth it. It's going to cost mid-hundreds each way at least. Then you've got the hassle of damage and packing etc.

I've done it both ways and believe me it's not something you want to do unless you are moving over there for a while.

Ride it over, if you really want the bike over there.

Besides the riding isn't that great over there anyway. Don't get me wrong, there are some nice places to ride the bike, but not so good you would pay over a thousand dollars in total and go to all that hassle to do.
  3. I lived there for over 12 years and was thinking of doing some coastal rides, but if it costs that much then I agree, not worth the hassle in organising it.
  4. Try and luck onto a transport with a spare corner that's going that way and you might be able to strap the bike on for a $100 and a slab.

Otherwise, a dedicated transport mob will charge a fist full as already described.