Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bike trailer advice

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by Hoski, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Hi all.
    I'm in the market for an enclosed trailer for two road bikes. I've never owned one before and wondered if anyone had any advice about what to look for and what to look out for.
    Single or double axle?
    Traps of used trailers?
    Electrical issues?
    Recommended manufacturers?
    Waterproof a must.

2. If you have a hunt around on dirtbikeworld http://www.dirtbikeworld.net/forum/index.php you'll find several threads about bike trailers, both self-built and commercially made, with lots of good ideas. Yes I understand you're asking about transporting roadbikes but the principles are the same.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. HoskiHoski perhaps speak to a manufacturer and see how much it would be to make one to your specs.

I see a lot of standard bike trailers out there, but nothing 'waterproof'

These may be worth looking at;

HC Trailers

Trailers Only

• Like Like x 1
  4. Enclosed trailer,pain to reverse,heavy,you might as well get a caravan, etc etc.I love my 7 x 4 gal box trailer.
    So easy to use,park it in the weather.. Security = a cable lock to the car,cable lock the bike to the trailer and if your keen a movement sensitive U lock while its parked.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. I bought a new 8x5 box trailer and it's perfect for my Gsxr . Can use for other purposes also unlike a fully enclosed trailer has one use only.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks all. Appreciated. And cheers Juz for the names.
  7. An enclosed trailer has many benefits though - shelter at the track, security,, can fit way more in it (leathers, stands, gazebo etc) if you don't plaster it with stickers nobody knows what you're carrying to follow you home to steal, etc etc
    • Agree Agree x 2