Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bike towed to side-walk but no fine/letter

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Vikash, May 23, 2012.

1. So this being my first time parking in North-Sydney I didn't notice that the street I was parking on would turn into a clearway. I returned to my bike 15 Mins after the clearway started and found my bike and another bike on the side walk.

There was no fine present or towing notice etc. I am wondering if I will still get fined/have to pay for the lifting of my bike. Does anyone have any experience with this?

2. Mate thats great service, maybe, JUST maybe, the bike fairy is walking round in Sydney looking after people that forget about clearways.
    Reckon you're lucky the bike didnt get towed away and a ransom is being asked..
    Buy a lotto ticket I'd say.
  3. yeah dam lucky the parking inspectors didnt get you for parking on the street as well. Props to whoever moved it! champs.
  4. Haha, I will.

I'm sure the bike was lifted by someone or something, since the wheel lock was on.

What I really wonder about is if they will leave fines for the infringement and the towing with the bike or if they send these later through the mail? With everything I find on the web I see that people found fines with their bike etc.
  5. Was it windy? The notices could have blown away.

If you're worried about it, drop into your local plod shop and ask. You're probably lucky though, some rider's noticed it and done you a service.
  6. Theres a good samaritan around nth sydney i think. There was another bike on the footpath yesterdaywhich looked to be moved. No one parks on the footpath here and it was right next to the motorcycling parks in the clearway.

Wouldnt be relying on it though.