Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bike to Bike Communication?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Memphis, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Hey guys

Just wondering if anyone here uses and form of Bike to Bike communication?

Is there any specific brands or models to stay away from, or ones that are highly recommended?

Looking for one that will suit a Full Faced Helmet.

2. My boss uses Blue Ant between he and his wife whilst pillion and riding separately.

He says it works fine and is happy with it.
    Though the range is about 10m max, so of you're not two abreast, or quite close you might have an issue.
  3. Plenty of threads on the topic.

I use blueant interphone and found it good for 200m.

It's a pleasant way to ride... having a convo.
  4. Hmmm, might go and check out the blue ant comms.

5. Looks like a great product Rob. At almost $400 for a twin kit, it will be a while before I can afford one. ( still saving for my upgrade ).
    Def on my wish list
  6. Hi Rob (And Memphis),

Seems that either he got confused telling me about them or I did listening to him....

oh well..

>Wireless headset for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone at a
    range of up to 10 metres
    > Bike-to-bike Intercom* for rider & passenger or two separate
    bikes up to 150 metres

And while I am sure you can get it cheaper than 209 each - it is still a little more than I would have hoped for.
    Perhaps Santa can be extra generous this year?
  7. Every one I have looked at so far is rather expensive...

So as long as the Blue Ant is comfortable to have in the helmet and clear when riding, I guess its a winner.
  8. You get what you pay for, make no mistake.

I would now put the Blueant interphone at the bottom of the blue tooth genre of helmet comms. Don't get me wrong, it's a great device and it's clear at normal highway speeds. It only does one thing at a time though - intercom OR mobile. Can't do music. If you go with it, and you use a full face helmet, try to get the flat pack microphone - the boom takes up some room. If you can't, then get onto the Mr Mobile website or their shop in st kilda and get it.

If I was buying a helmet comm again today, I'd go with one of the two speaker units that can multi task. The one speaker is clear but the brain will decipher what's said more easily with two ears worth of info.

Apparently the Camos unit is the one that rocks - but also has a rocking price.

Cardo make a good unit. Vic is a fan of them.

Good luck guys.

Seriously, if you're out with a friend or S.O., it helps make the riding experience a lot more enjoyable. The phone contact part I can do without.

9. What are the thoughts of BlueAnt vs Cardo?

Anyone used both?
  10. Rob, I bought one, along with the Bluetooth Adapter. :grin:
  11. And what do you of it think G? Did you get one only or a pair?
  12. Rob,

I've only recently received the equipment and am just coming to grips with bluetoothing the BTS to BTA and mobile telephone on the appropriate channel (out of the two). I've bought a set of UHF handhelds, one of which I'll use on the road. It's a been a while since I was on the two way radio; last one was an AN/PRC-25. :p.
    Thus far the IPod and mobile telephone in stereo sound quite good.

Will let you know when I get it set up and roadtested.

13. :cool: Look forward to the "next G" full road test :) Cheers mate. :)