Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

bike to Bike communication..Which one?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by sepe, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone can comment on which is the better Unit/Brand out of the three listed below and why (specially if you have one..pro's and con's).
    The three brands I'm looking at are: Autocom - Active Plus, baehr and the new StarCom 1 (Digital). As for the UHF radios , I'm looking at the Uniden 2 watt for the Autocom and the Digitech 3 watt for the StarCom 1.
    Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Also I'm looking at installing it myself..Is it advisable or should I have the dealer do it? :grin:

2. Depends how tech minded you are but I reckon just get a pro to fit it all in. Least then if it stuffs up, you have got someone to blame.

3. Thanks :eek:) I agree..Do you have the Pro? or are you aware of someone that does? I spoke to the guy that supplies the StarCom and he was under the impression that you really need to have the mic near your mouth to be heard..

4.  Top
  5. Thanks.. I spoke to Dale and he recommended the StarCom 1 digital with the Digitech UHF tradios, did you get one fitted to your K1200R?...I have the same..

Michael.