Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bike thats been sitting start up advise needed

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by crutch, Dec 24, 2006.

1. Ok bought a repairable write of cbr 250 1990 build.

Put fresh oil and fuel in it, sparks light up

sprayed start ya bugger into the air box got it working for about 20 secounds till it died again, havnt managed to get it started since.

IM gessing take the carbs off and blow the needles out and check for any other gunk
  2. is fuel arriving at the carbs? maybe drain the bowls.

cbr owners is the fuel taps on these vaccum reliant?
  3. Hey Crutch - I'm really interested in your project here - I have a similiar project my self - a CBR 1991 model.

so far I'm stuck on draining the engine oil so I can change it - is the bolt nut supposed to be that hard to take off or am I trying to unbolt a totally different nut? I'm trying to un do the big nut under the engine on the left side (gear side)

would love to know about the carbs aswell -
  4. aviper thank you it was the fuel tap. I notcied it did sound like it was starving for fuel and once i took the fuel line of nothing poured out. All fixed getting it registed this thursday

Hey duk it is the big nut mine came of pretty easy it should be the 17mm nut or whas it 15 anyway the biggest one down there pointing straight down. Cant miss it. Bring it over if u get stuck.