Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bike Storage

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Ninja03, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Hey guys pritty new to riding just a quick question...

We dont have enuf garage space at my place to fit all our cars and my bike so the bike has to be kept on the front porch. There is a cover over the porch so when it rains the bike dont get wet however it is still exposed to everything else (especially the wind and cold winter nights which can leave the windscreen of you car with a nice ice layer on it. The bike doesnt have a cover on it. Might be a stuppid quextion but can this effect the bike at all? Would i be better to have a cover for the bike?

Thanks guys
  2. Well I guess buying a cover would be good, but if its going to be kept outside at all time, the weather will eventually take its toll on the bike. Especially if you live near the ocean, even with a cover on wont protect it from the salt water.
    Also if its going to be out in the cold, maybe buy a trickle charger for those cold morning starts. I bought one from Super Cheap Auto for about $44 which is on the cheaper side and it works a treat. Its called the Battery Fighter Junior. Was recommended by someone else from this site.
  3. Might not be much help but I ended up kicking my car out onto the driveway and parking my bike in the garage :LOL:
  4. My goodness, you're confused you poor newbie. :shock: Cars live outside. The garage is for the bike. :wink: :)
  5. Cars already have a roof. They don't need a garage.
  6. Yes Confused
    Car Out
    Bike In

Car is Just a Car
    Bike is an extension of self & family
  7. It's more important than you or your family. You just don't get it do you? :roll: :LOL:
  8. If you are already getting it up on your porch I would suggest rolling it another few feet and bringing it inside :)

It is your bike we're talking about!