Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bike storage in Sydney

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by johnbl, Aug 8, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Hi guys,

I'm going overseas soon for a month. I don't have a place to store my bike so looking for recommendations on where I can store it. I checked out Kennard's Storage online, and they only offer car spaces at a couple of hundred dollars - bit steep for a gixxer for 4 weeks!

Any suggestions appreciated!

2. 4 weeks is not that long, can leave under cover next to a building or chat to a neighbour who has a small spot in garage. If it was a few months than storage would be worth it.

3. Most storage places will allow you to use some of their smaller lockers for your bike. Hire a 1.5 x 3 meter and store it in there. They normally have heavy duty lifts going up to the second floor to access your space and a bike fits in easily.

I stored my Duke 390 for two months like that

4. hi johnbljohnbl where are you located? I have some spare space in my garage.

5. Friend or family garage or even secure back garden? Normally free if you chuck in a slab of grog...

Or if no stairs to your house, park it in there.

6. You can rode to the international and park near the entrance for free

7. PM Me buddy - I have some space in my garage (underground & locked)... As long as it's only a month it'll be fine. Planning on turning the garage into a workshop after that, happy to start it up for you every few days but probably better off slapping some stabilizer in there.

Located in Rockdale.

8. A regularly ridden motorcycle is a happy motorcycle.

I know Id keep it happy :p

9. Likewise, I have some space in a secure lock up garage that is just storing some furniture in the southern suburbs.

If the other offers don't work out, hit me up.