Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bike Speedway in Brisbane?

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by Bravus, Jan 13, 2008.

1. Took the family to the sprintcars last night, and a good time was had by all. Suzie (my beloved) would love to see bike speedway though. Anyone know if that ever happens in the Brisbane area?

2. Not sure mate... doesn't look like archerfield has them. Can't find any details on the web either. Last time I watched it.... it was at the ekka grounds. But that was yeaaaars ago.
  3. Only place I know of is down in Tassie at Latrobe speedway. But I'm sure the other states have something somewhere.
  4. I've watched a bit down the Gold Coast, and there's definitely dirt track in and around Brisbane for something a bit different.
  5. We get dirt speedway down here at a town called Undera. That is if you could call it a town, Pub, footy ground, general store, three or four houses and the speedway.
  6. Speedway bike racing was big prior to the 80's with events at the Melbourne Showgrounds and Laverton Speedbowl but has waned somewhat in recent times. As mentioned Undera up near Shepparton runs events as does the Speedway at Mildura. Avalon has an infield "bike" track which isn't used for events any longer.

None of the above helps in your quest for racing in Queensland.