Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

bike sitting in garage for over 6 months...

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by MattD, May 20, 2008.

1. Hi guys - just bought my first bike, a vtr250. It's a 2000 model and only has 10,000kms on it.

It has spent a lot of it's life sitting in a garage and not getting ridden and I'm wondering if this can cause any problems?

It was serviced just before I bought it but do you think I should get it checked? Are there specific problems that can result from not being ridden much?
  2. The battery may not have enjoyed itself, the tyres are probably past their best and I'd look at flushing and bleeding the brakes with fresh fluid. Otherwise it's unlikely to have much wrong with it that routine servicing and lots of riding can't fix :grin: .
  3. Probably replace the fork oil too?

A few people have told me that fork oil doesn't/shouldn't "go off", but the service schedule says it should be changed periodically, 'n my own 10500km 2000-model VTR250 felt a lot nicer to ride after the forkoil was replaced. :-k