Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bike shipping in Aus

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by 260LP, Apr 19, 2005.

1. Hey, does anybody know any motorcycle carriers apart from Bikesonly? I got quoted $300 for northern Qld to Brisbane. Is that about right?

Does the bike have to be crated?

And yeah, i did do a search and only found bikesonly and getrouted.

Thanks for your help

2. i paid $320 from brisbane to melbourne last year for the XJR400. just got quoted $325 for sydney to melbourne for my new GSXR1000. call ferguson racing on 03 9743 1230 or bike trans on 03 9603 2979.

they reckon they dont advertise in the yellow pages because they get stuck in motorcycle parts and accessories so its pretty hard to find them.
  3. I just got a general quote from Rob at Motorcycle Logistics (I think thats the place - will confirm tomorrow) - I asked for there-and-back-again prices, but I can't vouch for that - may be one way prices.

(all are Melb -> ?)

Basically was about $300- for Sydney or Adelaide, reaching $900 for Perth.
  4. Nth Qld to Bris sounds about right. Not many transport mobs do that route.
    Eastern capitals to Perth the train is cheaper than road transport (not by much though). Perth to East is cheaper due to insufficient backloads.(empty trucks going back east, more stuff going to Perth than come back).

Distance is not always the deciding factor, but common transport routes are.
  5. .... who are a Netrider partner and offer Netrider members a 10% discount on presentation of your membership card. Support the businesses that support you :)
  6. Yes, thats how I found them - from the links page.
  7. OK - what I got was (and these are APPROXIMATES as the exact cost has to be determined with the actual dates in mind):

All from Melbourne ->

Adelaide & Sydney: $300
    Brisbane: $350
    Cairns: $700
    Perth: $900