Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bike shipping 2/from Indonesia

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by movin, Apr 4, 2006.

1. Anyone know which shipping companies,and associated costs involved,shipping a bike from Indonesia 2 oz?
    A mate from UK is contemplating riding from London to Oz :biker: on his Honda Africa twin 750,has it worked out to Indonesia and needs a little help from there,so little help please :?:

2. The only company I can think of is "GetRouted" but that's from oz.

When I moved here I used Crown Relocation which moved all my furnitures etc using big container. Should be able to do bikes but not sure about bureaucracy.

Actually I want to know how your mate got the bike *in* Indonesia? I want to ship mine there sometimes within next 5 years to do bit of riding myself. Was there a lot of red tapes to get through ?

Thanks.

3. movin - i'd ring customs as the first point of call and just say look this is what i want to do and how do i go about it?

javman - i'd get in touch with the indo embassy and i'm sure they could point you in the right direction.