Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

bike shaking when breaking from 60

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by cleanhands, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Just noticed when I go about 60km and use the back break (depending on how hard I press it) the back of my bike makes a funny noise and shakes a little. Does anyone know what this means?

2. You're using to much back and it's starting to lock.
  3. Yup, either that or the rear rotor is warped (shuddering), or possibly the pads are junked (check pad width). I tend to only use the rear for stability, not for braking power.
  4. Could be the rotor but seems unlikely esp with this comment
    If it was rotor I would imagine that even a little bit of rear would cause shuddering it.

I used to have the same thing when I was new(er) to riding. The rear is locking (not completely) and that causes it to skip and bounce as the wheel locks and turns.

Either use your front more or it's time to get some trainning. What I did was fine a big long driveway ( was to a truck wash place) and e-brake there. You don't need to go to the extent of an e-brake just speed up brake firmly and repeat.
  5. oh. you mean brake.. ah yes. i thought you had broke it.
    go get a new disk.
    move on