Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

:) Bike serviced :)

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by lil, Jun 22, 2005.

1. Nothing special to say here, except that I had my bike serviced Monday at Zagame (never been there before, but I am impressed by the service so far! :D .... and for all the other Melbourne Ducati riders, they have a 15% off special on services until the end of August :D ). When I picked it up yesterday, the service manager handed me two little bags "for my interest".

One bag had all my brake pads. Looking at a couple of them, its no wonder my front brakes were grabbing a little...pads tend to take a bit of that problem away :shock: :roll: :oops:

The other bag had all my valve shim half rings....every single one was broken and a couple of bits were found on my sump plug magnet :oops: :oops:

Its hard when cash is tight and you need to service your bike, but make sure you have all the basic stuff done at least.

:D :D :D
  2. My baby's getting a pampering right now. :D
  3. bkare pads huh.....
    i can remeber when i didn't do the car ones for a while......Had to get new discs.......
  4. My beast has surgery Saturday . :D
  5. Must be the season for it, I'm getting my major done on Monday by Performance Bikes & Watercraft in Moorabbin. Do they give a Netrider discount? The price already sounds reasonable and he was up front abut what I can expect - all good.
    Here's the deal closer - he's giving me a loaner bike to get by on until my baby is ready, even better its a VFR! Yay! :D
  6. A loan bike would have been nice....maybe the SuperDuke demo they had in the workshop :twisted:

As it was, I caught trains :shock: :eek: ....haven't done that since I started riding. I felt quite ridiculous getting on the train in my full wets. I'll bet I was the warmest person around, though :wink: :LOL:

7. Dont know about a formal discount but Mike still brought the bill down when I mentioned Netrider.

Best mechanics I have ever been to

8. I just did a service on my bike too

and looks like I'll see you on dyno day lil, I'm right after you :)
  9. The VFR is almost due for a 10000k service and, even though I live in Wollongong, I will be taking it back to Canberra during the upcoming school holidays to get the service done.

It now has 115500 k's on the clock and has been serviced by RAM Motorcycle Engineering in Holder since it had 19000 k's so, even though it's inconvenient, I still get Rick to do the work. He's the best serviceman I've ever found.