Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bike Service

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by Debsta, Dec 29, 2006.

1. Hi guys,

Does anyone know where I can bring my bike in for service, as i think it needs one. Im in the Western suburbs, Sydney. Ive only bought it 3 months ago and know that it hasnt been serviced before. Do I just take it to any bike dealer that does servicing. Just wondering if that is the best way? Thx heaps.

2. I was gonna ask the same question.

Ive been going to Parramatta Kawa, but would like to change mechanics. Anyone make any recomendations?
  3. ur best going 2 a agent for ur specific bike, but phone around u dont want 2 get caught in my situtation where the only suzuki dealer close enough that i can get 2 work on time charges upwards of $300 each service...

if u dont wanna take it 2 a genuine dealer ring around other shops and ask if they can service ur make of bike
  4. If your keen give it a go yourself, if its your first service in three months it probably only needs an oil change, oil filter mabye depending on how many km's you've done and an air filter pending on km's traveled.

If your not wiling to DIY, when you take it to the workshop ask the bloke if you can watch what he does, best way to learn the tricks of the trade and where everything is situated on your bike, as long as he's not a tightarse and doesnt want you to know how to service your own bike.
  5. Yes this is a good way to learn how to do things, howevr a lot of workshops will not let you watch anymore due to oh&s implications. I know I have to stop people standing around watching the mechanics work.
  6. a fellow netrider (Motoplast/ Tex) owns a motorcycle workshop, give him a call.

T.J. Automotive & Motorcycle Performance
    1/49 Sterling rd. Minchinbury NSW.96755888