Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bike security

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by pdbandit, May 5, 2007.

1. Hi guys

Just bought a used Honda VT750. Can't afford anything too flashy but was looking at those Disc brake alarms. They range from about $40 upwards. Anybody used them and if so what was your experience, Good or Bad.

I like the idea of the shrieking alarm as well as the security of the lock.

Let me know what you guys think.

cheers

2. Xena disklocks with alarm are good.

Will

3. I use Krytonite disc lock no alarm, the toughest disc lock you will get, period.

4. I think the main purpose of the alarm is to remind you to take it off before something expensive happens!

5. think the main purpose of the alarm is to remind you to take it off before something expensive happens!

That sounds like a good idea. Are xenon discs with the alarm a good make though?

6. do u have a budget on how much to want to spend?

7. I got the XN-14 and the option chain thingy a year or so ago, and I think anything that model or better should be fine. Its more sensitive than my bike alarm, but it still hasn't given me any false alarms - other that the ones I've accidentally done myself.
    They're great for scaring kids and old ladies too :)
    http://www.xenasecurity.com/product/motorbikes/page1/

8. G'day everyone,......

I have a Xena Disc-lock as well and have had no problems at all.
    I still have the bike so I can honestly say it must be working ok!!
    :LOL:

Dr Who?

9. Budget is around the $50-$60 mark. Looks line the Xena locks are coming out as favourite. Particularly if I can scare the kids and old ladies as they should know better than sniffing around my bike!!

Will start to look in shops this week.

cheers

PS. how do you copy someone elses comments onto your own post and give it a white background just like Twistngo did?

10. In the top of the post that you reply to there is the quote button. Hit that and away you go..Just remove what you want or leave all the text. As long as you leave the quote part at either end.. You will see once you do it. Also go the Xena ... :cool:

11. Thanks for the advice. Look out Xenon here I come next week.

12. If your in sydney, action motorcycles are having a sale on xena disc locks. the sign says $62, but i forget what model. I bought the xn14...