Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bike revving problems? (from idle to High rev?)

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by Grunge, Jul 2, 2006.

1. Hi all,

Just want some advice on my bike, as I've just noticed recently that when I have the bike slightly warmed up, that when I go from idle and open up the throttle quickly (hard flick of the wrist) that it seems to have a slight "delay" in revving up.

The bike sounds low and wide at first and then starts to go up. It's only less than a second, but I've noticed that if I've revved it, and it goes down to idle and I open the throttle again it revs up okay.

Is this anything I should worry about or start looking at?

I'll prolly be able to get a better opinion during spanner day, but I just thought I'd ask the question now anyways...

Thanks again!! (Man I'm always asking noob questions!)

2. Jeeeesh! Quit with the questions and just enjoy the riding. :p
    Ok, to answer your question... the delay is most likely just because you cranked the throttle on too hard from too low an RPM causing the engine to 'bog down'. Sometimes it can be associated with out of balance carbs, or excessively rich idle adjustment screws.

If it doesn't do it when the bike is properly warmed up then i wouldnt go chasing a problem that doesn't exist. Just warm it up properly and learn to ride it how it wants to be ridden. Every bike has it's quirks... so be glad yours only does that. :wink: :grin:

3. idleing too low
    may require just to increase the idle a bit

4. Thanx, y'all...

Koma, I am enjoying the riding.

And yes, sometimes I wonder why I ask so many questions. Got me in trouble when I was in school.