Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bike registered in VIC - transferring to NSW?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by 2Fast, Jun 5, 2008.

  1. Hi,

    I've had my eye on the 250 Hornet for sale here
    What would the process be to get this registered in NSW, is it more trouble than it's worth? It's located in NSW but registered for VIC.
    Is there a whole lot of hoop jumping to be done to get it transfered or is it pretty easy? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

    Thank you,

  2. nice ass

    anyways, you would need to go for a blue slip inspection at an AUVIS garage, then you would have to get a nsw ctp greenslip and then go to the RTA and hand in the VIC plate, then show a proof of purchase with the green and blue slip, then because your bike is from interstate they will probably send you to RTA VIIU checking station at silverwater to get the numbers put into the nsw rta system, which costs around $400
    the blue slip is around $45 and the transfer is around 3% of the market value and $51 for rego and $49 tax
    and the ctp depends on your details, but between $200 and $600 depending on age and bike size over 300cc is in the higher price range
  3. Thanks for the fast reply, i'll have to look into it some more I guess, as i still don't have my licence, doing all that would be more trouble than it's worth.