Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bike Parking Nazi.

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Zealt, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Yeah well its been coming for awhile!

I have tried to ignore it for a while now but its becoming more and more frequent!

Have a think when you park you bike eh. :wink:

It's obvious most bikers do but there are a few that see a little ramp up on the the gutter and think "Great that will help me get the bike up off the road" then they go up it and stop! Right in front of the ramp/bit of round gutter!

I park at Knox a lot cuz I'm too lazy to make lunch so i just go buy it from the food court and every few days there is a bike or two parked right in the spot heaps of other people (bikers) use to get in and out of the bit claimed by bikers for parking.

Its a spot where you can see the traffic lights when you leave so you know when its safe to go, and a spot you can avoid pedestrians waiting to cross in to Knox Ozone and back.

WhY? seriously, cant you see if its so good for you to use that other people would be using it too!! And you can see all the other bikes parked away from it together so why stop there?

So far the list in my head is

CBR thats been tuned and has Dynoverks stickers on it,
    New Gixxer 600
    P plater on a LAMS Harley water pump thingie
    A Bergman
    and a Beemer something.

Please have a think about other people AND other bikers when you park your bike.

If you see things like this post where, maybe the guilty party reads and will think of somewhere more suitable.

Rant/Plea over.
  2. Where is Knox? I may attend and take up a parking spot myself :popcorn:
  3. Carefull i think the little asian guy on the blackbird who parks there too knows kung fu.
  4. thats ok i will bring my nasty assistant, his name is Grasshopper :woot:
  5. It's a problem everywhere these days. Children aren't taught to be polite and considerate of others. They are thinking of removing etiquette from the dictionary because it is no longer used.

As long as they're having fun and doing whatever they want no one else matters.

So I guess there is nowhere else to park in Knox. I like to have contingency spots, if one is messed up I can always find another.

You could put a post it note on their tank to express your disapproval, but don't let them know which bike is yours or they may break your aerial off.

Imagine what it would be like trying to find a park in an asian city where everyone rides on two wheels!