Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bike parking at Jeff's shed?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by cossie, Oct 25, 2006.

1. I have to work at the 4x4 show this weekend at the melbourne exhibition centre. Whats the go with bike parking? Is there a designated area, or somewhere safe to leave my bike for the day? :?:

2. Not that I live there, but when I went to an event there earlier this year I noticed the there were some motocycles parked near the front enterance under the tree's near the bridge and they were there all day with no fines.
    Whether you can legaly or not I don't know.

Good luck.

3. I worked at the motorcycle expo earlier this month,
    I just parked underneath, there are security cameras there and gaurds that do the patrol thing every so often.
    I also just rode around the boom on my way out, thank you, free parking :p

4. I park at the western end (near polly woodside), but at the bike shows, the east end (cityside) is always chockers

5. Western end isn't suitable at the moment, as there's a lot of works going on and it puts you a long way from the action.

Given it's a 4x4 show, just park at the front door near the trees. There's no problem parking there as long as you're out of the way, and you won't have trouble finding space, I wouldn't think.

6. +1 to rooboy. Parked there last week. Lots of motorbikes, bicycles and my little scoot.

7. Cheers for the replies. I'll park it outside the entrance tonight, but I may see about parking in the undercover carpark at the weekend as It will be there until 10.00ish and I dunno what sort of people are gonna be wondering around that late on saturday night.

So it should be possible to just ride around the gate to get out without paying? Did you have to take up a car space once in or was there a corner to just park a bike in?

Thanks