Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bike of the Year 2015 - UK

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by davidk, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Hi all...from the Daily Telegraph in the UK, the motorbikes voted the best in 2015...well worth a look! (y)

Bike of the Year 2015

2. So sweet. :joyful: I'd like one for the lounge room.:)
  3. A British list that DIDN'T name a Triumph as Bike of the Year??? Whoda thunk it?
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. some very nice bikes
  5. Street triple got best naked
  6. Yes but the Ducati won THE bike of the year...
    • Like Like x 1
  7. R1? Seriously? No sports tourer class? What is wrong with those people?

On the other side of the coin why do we not have the CBR125F here in Oz? That is a sexy looking little bike.
  8. Have anyone released a new sports tourer this year?
  9. lol triumph is best naked... lol not :)
  10. Don't think so, there were some updates though *sigh* what is the world coming to? I bought a brand new sports tourer this year, so there is a market even if it's just me LOL
  11. Getting a bit tired eh?

Not that they are not a fantastic bike - but yeah, there are many, many "better" naked bikes out there....

Hmmmm......Street Triple or Tuono? or Super Duke? or MT-09? or Monster? or, or, or......C'mon.......
  12. Go the mighty ducs!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Quack quack....

I'd have one of these in a heartbeat.....
    • Like Like x 1
  14. If only mine was that big... She is black though!
  15. I'd probably class the R1200RS as a sports tourer. Possibly announced last year but not available till this year.
  16. Ducats scrambler, bike of the year, as voted by a bunch of hipsters.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Maybe, but can you argue against it? Remember it has to be a bike released in 2015, so the list is pretty small. And the scrambler really is a sales boom for Ducati, so it's a popular vote.
  18. I guess it depends on how you determine "best".
    If best is highest selling/effective marketing, well I guess it wins. Best burger would go to the big mac?
    A scrambler which isn't even good at being a scrambler. But it does look good and it does have heaps of accessories? Maybe that's all that matters?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. The Scrambler has that 1970's look that appeals to people of my vintage (y)
  20. I'm a triple r owner & absolutely love my bike, to me it's a perfect naked bike for the city, but I'm surprised the S1000R didn't take that award.